Countertops Plus works with do-it-yourselfers and home handymen to provide the countertops for a kitchen or bathroom renovation. Normally, we expect you to provide us with all of the measurements but if you are not able to do so, we can do the measurements for you for an additional fee. Cutting countertop material requires the right tools and precise measurements, mistakes can be costly so it is better for us to do that part of the job and leave the installation to you.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Measurements need to be exact and should include a diagram of suitable size. This is not a plan for the build just a clear guideline for us to work from.
- Countertops are manufactured in even-foot lengths so if you are building new cabinets, make size slightly under these measurements to reduce waste. For example, a 47” cabinet can be fitted with a 48” standard countertop and no waste. It is advisable to come in to the shop and let us see what you want to do first. We can then suggest the right sizes to eliminate waste and cost.
- Countertops are manufactured in multiple lengths: 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 and 12 feet.
- Level the cabinets along the top to prevent rocking and a tight fit.
- If corners are not square, plan to fill along the top edge of the back splash.
- If possible, avoid corner cabinets with sinks in them. These require complicated mitres and can results in water-damaged seams. We do not warrantee these countertops.
Completion and Payment Terms
- A down-payment of 50% is required when your order is placed with the balance due at pickup.
- Jobs are picked up at our location unless other arrangements have been made.
- Errors that are our responsibility are replacement at no charge.
- Errors as a result of inaccurate specifications or measurements are your responsibility.
- Jobs typically require 3-4 weeks for completion.